The Jerusalem American School (JAS), established in 1988, is a leading K-12 900 student school in Beit Hanina, East Jerusalem. The school is embarking on an exciting era of change, driven by best practice in international education. We are looking to expand our team of caring, principled, dedicated, innovative and resilient teachers as we move towards International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma authorization.
The Jerusalem American School (JAS) makes education a positive change agent of society. We celebrate identity and unite people, nations and cultures in common purpose towards a better, more peaceful and a more sustainable future.
We seek to realise our highest human potential, by cultivating appreciation for the values, traditions and aspirations of the people of Jerusalem, by embracing the diversity of the world, engaging in a continuous process of spiritual reflection and committing to serving our local, regional and global communities.
Position of High School Principal (HSP) & IB Diploma Coordinator
The High School Principal (HSP)/IB Diploma Coordinator is a Senior Leader in the school, responsible for ensuring continuity, coherence and clarity in:
· The written curriculum and in approaches teaching and learning (ATL) across the whole school
· School policies, procedures, systems and structures
· Wellbeing – ensuring the safety and wellbeing of all students and staff in the school
· The provision of the Advanced Placement (AP) program
· The IB Diploma authorisation process
We are looking for an aspirational, committed, dynamic, ethical and passionate international educator to lead the 18 month – 2 year process of IB Diploma authorization, which has just begun. He/she should be fluent with IB approaches to teaching and learning (ATL). He/she should also have experience with the AP program. The successful candidate will become the pedagogical and philosophical leader of the High School and the AP and IB Diploma programs. He or she will also be expected to take on a significant teaching role and to contribute to the JAS educational goal through the JAS Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) program.
The successful candidate will:
· Be fluent in Arabic & English
· Have experience in International schools outside Israel
· Have Israeli Ministry of Education recognized qualifications, including teaching license
· Be able to demonstrate familiarity and fluency with IB philosophy and the IB Diploma program
JAS invites applications from suitably qualified teachers and leaders to support the students, teachers and parent community, in ensuring continuity in the experience of education we offer the diverse and vibrant community we serve.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to the Director, Andrew Watson firstname.lastname@example.org before April 14 2021.
JAS offers a competitive package for the successful candidate.
JAS reserves the right to appoint before this deadline should the right candidate emerge.