קורס להכשרת חונכים ומלווים למתמחים בהוראה באנגלית – דרגות 2–6 ב"אופק חדש"
Director: Dr Shai Aran, Ph.D., Inspector for English, Ministry of Education, teacher trainer and senior lecturer, David Yellin College of Education.
Participating lecturers: experts in the field.
In-service hours: two (2) annual credit hours.
Course Duration: January 2014 until may 2014.
Day: Sundays 16:00–19:15.
Population: Experienced teachers of English (at least three years' teaching in the school system) in all sectors of Israel's K -12 educational establishment.
To train qualified mentors and foster professional development of English department heads at all levels: elementary, junior high and high school and also -
- to deepen participants’ theoretical and practical knowledge of second language learning and school practice;
- to enhance participants’ understanding of schools as complex organizations and the potential of mentorship within the organization;
- to better understand and practice supervision skills and strategies and leadership roles in the workplace;
- to appreciate the complexities of tacit knowledge;
- to understand the implications of novice stages of professionalism;
- to explore the potential of technology in EFL instruction among new (young) teachers: web sites, smart boards, social network sites;
The course will consist of lectures, workshops, seminars and independent research as well as study days in Jerusalem OUTSIDE of the college.
Participants will engage in ongoing assignments.
Admissions requirements: At least three years teaching experience and school principal recommendation; Academic record; Personal interview.
In-service training credits (gmul hishtalmut): 60 hours in "Ofek Hadash".
All participants will receive a Teacher-Mentor certificate and will be eligible to mentor trainees in all subjects. This course is conducted in English.
Registration fee: 130 INS.
Prospective candidates are invited to contact Dr. Shai Aran: 050-6283031; email@example.com;